Scroll to see all the painting commissions I have done
How painting commissions work
- Get your best memory recreated in a painting commission
- Experience of art from a creator side
- See your painting evolve from an idea to a finished piece
- Feel safe. You don’t have to buy it, if you don’t like the finished product
Painting commission allows you to experience art. In a way, you become an artist by designing your own piece of art. We go through the process together, discussing what is important to you in that particular subject, selecting photos, deciding on the size, colours. In the end you have and original oil painting that represents your warmest memories.
I invite you to get involved in the creative process. Commissioning a painting sometimes is rich in communication that happens in person, via email, skype or phone. Other times we find a perfect photo, trust and understanding and get it rolling right away. It is totally up to you whether you want to be more or less involved in the process. I just want to let you know that you are invited!
I document the painting process, taking photos of in at different stages and posting them on my blog with some of my thoughts and ideas. That makes it possible for you to see the painting evolve and get on my side of the canvas.
Let me walk you through the process of commissioning a painting with me:
- Email me (email@example.com) a few lines about what is that you would like a painting of. If you have photos, attach them. I paint wide variety of subjects: from landscapes and cityscapes to animals, figures and still life.
- I get back to you within a day with my ideas for your piece.
- We decide on a size, price, shipping/delivery details and time.
- I get to work and keep you posted.
- I send you the picture of a finished commission painting or arrange for you to see it in person if you live in the area. At that point you make the final decision on a purchase*.
- We settle the payment, I ship/deliver the painting. If I ship the painting, you will get the tracking number to keep an eye on it if you want to.
- I offer you my advice on that framing and hanging of the work.
*Risk free. I know how scary it can be to trust somebody with something as subjective as a painting. It is scary for me too and the least I what to do is make you buy a painting that you don’t like. Yikes! So I’m taking that risk off the table for now. See the painting first and then decide if you want to buy it.
Here is a general guideline of prices and sizes:
11*14 inch – $120
16*20 – $360
18*24 – $480
20*28 – $600
24*36 – $960
30*40 – $1400
*prices are in Canadian dollars
**all work comes on stretched gallery style canvas with painted edges (can be hanged without frames, or can be framed as well). Unless we discuss other option.
***other sizes are available as well
Here are some examples of commission work I have done: